After multiple emails from consumers, we put together this page of proof that the sellers "Auctionbroker", "InternetAuctionStore", and "InternetAuctionNews" are all the same person, selling more then 10 of each item (using three or more ID's to fill Ebay's auction pages with more then 30 of each identical item.
1) Let's start the simple way, checking "whois" on the internet. If you type in www.internetauctionstore.com it brings you to the eBay store for "InternetAuctionStore". The Whois for internetauctionstore.com is:
2) Let's now type in www.internetauctionreviews.com , it brings you to the eBay store for "internetauctionreviews". If you do a whois for internetauctionreviews.com, you get the same person:
3) Let's now look at any of the items being sold on Ebay by "Auctionbroker". You'll see his tag line for his eBay stores is "DigitalScalesDirect", of course if you do a whois for www.digitalscalesdirect.com, you get the SAME person:
4) Now, one of our investigators won an item from "InternetAuctionNews". They recieved this invoice from "InternetAuctionStore" with the item:
|Internet Auction Store|
|PO BOX 402
Savage, MN 55378
|12/3/2003 7:14:58 PM ET (GMT-5)||ORDER # 10488998|
|BILL TO||SHIP TO|
|IAN - 3315G||POSTAGE Shipping SCALE Digital POSTAL SCALES
(Auction Item #2578384739)
|SHIPPING AND HANDLING||$10.95|
|NAME ON CARD||N/A|
|CARD NUMBER||Removed From System|
|EXPIRES||Removed From System|
5) This is the email for an item won from "internetauctionnews", notice how it tells you at the bottom that you should send payment to INTERNETAUCTIONSTORE.
Congratulations! You've won the auction listed below!
below is EXTREMELY CRITICAL information regarding your eBay order -
Please read it CAREFULLY ***
Have you already paid for your eBay order?
***IF YOU HAVE ALREADY PAID VIA PAYPAL, DO NOT USE THIS LINK OR YOU COULD PAY TWICE***
Do you need to process your eBay order and obtain payment options?
*** IF YOU HAVE NOT PAID - PLEASE READ THE FOLLOWING PAYMENT and CHECKOUT INFORMATION ***
To processing your order via VISA, MasterCard, AMEX, or Discover, you must check out via the ClickOut link listed below.
Please click on the link below and follow the easy instructions to:
1) Select your payment option (PayPal, VISA/MC, AMEX, Discover, money order, check, etc.)
2) Provide us with your correct shipping address
3) Acquire our correct payment address
4) Obtain our phone number, in case you have questions
5) Print your receipt for Proof-of-Purchase (you MUST have proof-of-purchase for a warranty claim)
6) Attain your POSITIVE feedback automatically, once your payment is processed
If you would like to pay for your auction with CHECK or MONEY order, you may click on the ClickOut link listed at the bottom of this page and you will receive the best service.
If you decide to mail a personal check and you have at least 10 positive feedbacks, we will ship your order immediately! Money orders and PayPal payments will also ship immediately. Otherwise please allow 7-10 days for your check to clear. (Postal Money Orders are only $0.80, others are even less)
Your payment envelope must be postmark within 7 days of this email. Please contact us if this is an issue.
Please PRINT and SEND a copy of this email with your payment to:
Internet Auction Store
PO BOX 402
Savage, MN 55378
(If your billing address is a MINNESOTA (MN) address, please be sure to include your 6.5% MN State Sales Tax (your order total x 1.065) ¿ Please note that THIS IS THE LAW and we are unable to process your order without your MN tax payment)
We will send you a confirmation email to your eBay email address as soon as we have processed your payment, shipped your order, and left you positive feedback. The date of our confirmation email is the date we shipped your order.
As you can see from our feedback, we process our payments RIGHT AWAY to ensure our customers receive their orders ASAP.
Since we are NOT UPS, we have no control over their delivery speed. Thus we are unable to tell you how long it will take until you receive your order or when we will receive your payment.
However, UPS shipping takes about 2-5 days to deliver your payment/order. So PLEASE be patient.
If you have any blocking/filtering options active or if you are having problems with your eBay email address, you might not receive this confirmation. In addition, please note that we will NOT be sending a back up email if your email system rejects our email.
Since our email system is automated with your eBay email address, we can only confirm your shipment to your eBay email address.
Once you receive your order, and you are satisfied, please be sure to leave us positive feedback as well.
Thank you for your cooperation. Your check out will be confidential, fast and secure!
Kent & Lisa
Internet Auction Store
P.S. Please note that if you pay via Credit Card (non-PayPal), your statement will be billed as - Internet Auction Store.
|Please click on the link below to be taken to the Auctionworks ClickOut™ page. There you can enter your shipping and payment information and allow us to process your winnings faster! Plus you can look around our Auctionworks StoreFront™ for other interesting items that we have for sale.|
6) When our investigator checked out after winning that item from "InternetAuctionNews", She recieved this below from paypal. Notice how it gives that same name, Kent Reed, plus it again shows "InternetAuctionStore" tied in with InternetAuctionNews. Ken is apparantly using his wife's name "Lisa" to try and avoid the multiple accounts rule. If you call the phone number they answer "Auctionbroker"
7) Take a look at any "Auctionbroker" auction. You'll see that all of the pictures are watermarked "KAR" for Kent A. Reed. Plus Kent and Lisa blatantly TELL you that it is their store:
Digital Scales Direct features a wide variety of Postal, Postage, 0.1g, Mini, Precision, Deli, Jewelers, Shipping, Kitchen, Gram, Cooking, Diet, Counting, and other LOW Cost, High Quality Digital Scales.
|Back to previous page|
We are Lisa & Kent Reed from Savage, Minnesota USA
8) If you run a history report on "InternetAuctionReviews", you'll see that he changed his name many times - using names that again prove they're all the same person:
Here's the even more insulting part, All Auctionbroker Auctions have this text:
Our Marketing Ethics
Unlike some competitors and suppliers, we pride ourselves in marketing in an ethical manner!
We wouldn't consider these guys to be "ethical". Actually they do degrade the quality of other products, make misleading statements and unsubstantiated comparisons in their auctions, and they create fraudulent websites such as "Digitalscalesdirect.com" and "TopLineDigitalScales.com" and of course..."Internetauctionstore.com", "Intenetauctionnews.com", "Digitalscalesdirect.com" and more...
As you can imagine, this page has truly infuriated Kent Reed, and he's retaliated by saying we are biased against him because of our advertising relationship with other brands. His latest website / seller ID "InternetAuctionNews" is seemingly designed to replicate the 'scale news' theme of our websites. We apologize to everyone for having to post all of this information (we know it's a bit awkward) and we promise to remove it as soon as it's no longer needed.
UPDATE: Kent has continued on his same path and has now built a website called "Digital Scale News" modeled after digitalscales.com. His site pretends to be an information site but is actually just another ploy to hook people into buying his scales. Be very careful out there!
We encourage you to provide feedback on this article and/or tell us your personal experience with a scale